Department Banner



Steps to Enrolling into the CalWORKs Program


Complete an application online at Go to the bottom right hand corner of the page and click “Apply Online.” The directions will follow. It will take two days for your application to be processed and you will receive a confirmation email.


Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at The FAFSA is financial aid offered to all individuals interested in attending college. These funds help pay for costs associated with attending school. Much of this money is FREE. Obtain a current "Notice of Action" from your DPSS Eligibility Worker and submit it to the Financial Aid Office located in the Administration Bldg Room 138. You can also access the El Camino College Financial Aid Office Link here.

Please note: El Camino College has gone paperless and all correspondence is done online through MyECC.


Take your Math & English Assessment Tests in the Student Services Center Room 217. This test will take 1 ½ to 2 hours to complete. You must bring a picture ID and pen/pencil with you. You can bypass this step only if you have attended another college and want to transfer units in English or Math. No children are allowed in the testing office!


You must see the CalWORKs Counselor so that they can do an educational assessment, review any transcripts that you may have, and do an educational plan to let you know exactly what it takes for you to successfully achieve your certificate or A.A. or A.S. degree. (Important: You must take your placement tests before seeing a counselor.) Also, if your GAIN Services Worker provided you with a GN 6006 referral you will need to bring the GN 6013 (Career Assessment result) with you and show it to the Academic Counselor.


You will receive an enrollment date and time from the admissions office through MyECC. Please be sure to enroll as soon as possible to ensure that you get your classes that you need. It's advisable to enroll in classes after speaking with a counselor to ensure that you enroll in the correct classes!


You must see one of our Case Advisors. They will complete the GAIN and Child Care documents. Case Advisors also give out work activity referrals if you are interested in part time employment. You can meet with the Case Advisor after seeing the CalWORKs Counselor and enrolling in classes.

Open book

All appointments for the CalWORKs Counselors and Case Advisors can be made over the phone at (310) 660-6057.
The CalWORKs Office is located in Student Services Center Room 205B.


 Last Published 3/30/15