Department Banner

Application Process - Steps to Applying for Financial Aid

Collect financial related documents for the student and his/her parents if applicable (e.g., tax returns, payroll stubs, bank account statements, etc.) to facilitate the completion of the FAFSA. To learn about the documents you may need to reference, please visit the FAFSA website at


Apply by submitting the FAFSA online at  The FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible after January 1st of each year. The California priority deadline for submission of the FAFSA is March 2nd of each year. El Camino College's Federal School Code is 001197.

California Residents Only: If you wish to be considered for a Cal Grant, please check with the El Camino College Financial Aid Office for details. Please note that a FAFSA needs to be submitted in order to be considered for a Cal Grant. The deadline for submission of the FAFSA is March 2nd of each year.


Once you have submitted the FASFA, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to you electronically if you provided an email address on the FAFSA, or via U.S. mail if you did not provide an email address on the FAFSA. Once you receive the SAR, please review it carefully to ensure that all of the information on the report is accurate. If corrections or updates need to be made, please login into the FAFSA website or send the updated SAR via U.S. mail to the address listed on the SAR.


Log in to your El Camino College issued email account (myECC). All communication from the El Camino College Financial Aid Office will be sent to you via email or posted on your myECC account. For example, your estimated award letter* will include information about your eligibility for federal and state financial aid, the awards (BOG, Cal Grant, Pell, SEOG, Work Study, etc) and dollar amounts awarded to you. *An award letter is based on full time (12 units) enrollment and subject to change based on academic eligibility and availability of federal funds.


El Camino College and the Compton Center Financial Aid Offices have entered into contract with Higher One to disburse federal financial aid for the 2014/2015 award year.  Sign up for your refund/disbursement preference (direct deposit to an existing checking account, debit card, or paper check) to receive your financial aid.  For more information, visit our Higher One refund/disbursement page.

How are we doing? Tell us today! Take the Financial Aid Satisfaction Survey

 Last Published 3/30/15